10 Best Carpet Shampooer For Pets
Let’s be honest:
We all love our furry friends and among all of them we love cats and dogs, but you’d have to admit that if those cats or dogs pass urine on your carpet all the love and affection jumps out of the window and you start looking for something to get rid of the stinking smell and the stain.
This is all what this post is about … in this post I’m going to review 10 best carpet shampooers for pets.
Here you go:
Best Amazon’s Choice
Best Cleaning Path
Best Easy Control
Less than 19lbs
The problem with portable cleaners is that their portability comes at the expense of functionality. They are either too small for the purpose or they pack insufficient power.
Let us take a look at the most important features of this product.
- 6” Stair Tool – Although this is a portable machine and such machines are considered to be ordinary when it comes to performance, but this machine has all the bells and whistles that you get with bigger machines. The 6” inch big stair cleaning tool is very helpful for stairs, furniture and hard to reach corners and surfaces.
- 3” Tough Stain Tool – In case you are dealing with tough stains e.g. that of pet or human food or beverage, you would not be able to eliminate the stain (and the stink), with the stair tool. For that purpose, BISSELL added a very powerful suction tool that removes spots, stains and stubborn remnants of dirt.
- Power Cord & Hose Length – Worst of all the spots are those that your bare eye can reach, but your hands do not. Dirt or spot cleaning business is not easy; this is why BISSELL’s portable carpet shampooer comes with a big power cord and big hose length – both of them can be compared to bigger carpet shampooers. The power cord is 22ft and hose is 5”.
- Large Capacity Tank – The cleaning formula tank is a large capacity one – with ¾ gallon per tank, you can do more cleaning with less refills.
- Portable and Easy to Handle
- No Compromise on Power
- Highly Durable
- Eliminates All Kind of Stains
- Time Taking
- Suction Could be Much Better
While the previously reviewed product was a portable cleaner, this one is an upright one and I consider it best over-all because of ranking, functions or other features.
Let’s take a look at the features:
- Rotating & Dirt Lifter Power Brush – It is not an easy job to remove a dry stain; those things are there to stay, unless you have a wavy, rotating and power scrubbing pattern brush.
- 12amps Suction Power – Just to put things in perspective, the previously reviewed portable machine packed only 5amps power and still sucked great; this machine has 12amps and with this kind of power + the liquid formula, even the toughest stains fail to exist.
- 6” Satin Tool – Portable can be great, but when you compare a portable machine’s 3” satin tool with a proper and big machine’s 6” satin tool you know that there is no comparison. This tool with suck the hardest stain in a few seconds with all the suction power and the size it has got.
- Two Large Tanks – Keep the clean and dirty water separate and do massive carpets, stairs and upholstery cleaning with less refills.
- Big and Powerful
- Powerful Scrubbing
- 12amps Powerful Suction for Pet Hair
- Ease of Use
- Flow Indicator Could be Better
- Need to Induce Bigger Tank
- Lightweight Carpet Cleaner – While Hoover’s PowerDash carpet cleaner is 2x powerful than many lightweight fully functional carpet cleaners, it is still a lightweight, sleek and stylish carpet cleaner with weight still only 13lbs.
- Heated Cleaning – In terms of rich functions, how about heated cleaning? Both: BISSELL’s portable cleaner and the big one do not have heat cleaning option, but Hoover’s HeatForce™ power dries the carpet faster.
- PowerSpin Pet Brush Roll – The PowerSpin brush roll’s job is to penetrate deep into the fabrics of your carpet and scrub everything including your pet’s hair and small particles of dirt or food.
- Strong Suction – For a thin and lightweight carpet cleaner, this one packs enough power for good suction. The PowerSpin function in collaboration with the suction power of this machine can really do the great job pulling even the stubbornest speck of dirt or pet hair.
- Easy to Pack, Store and Move
- Workhorse for its Size and Weight
- Ease of Use
- Bigger Tank Could be Better
- Water Removal Could be Improved
- Heated Cleaning – In case you were missing a BISSELL carpet shampooing machine with heated cleaning, you’d be happy to know that not only this the best portable machine, but its ProHeat technology, based on a built-in heater, constantly heats the water to effectively remove stubborn stains.
- 3” Tough Stain Tool – While this is a small and second lightest carpet shampooer on my list, the size of small satin tool is still the same as bigger and heavier BISSELL 3624 SpotClean machine.
- 2-in-1 Crevice Tool – There are certain curves and spaces where a big cleaning or sucking brush cannot go; this is why 3” tools are made, but again, they cannot reach every nook and corner. This 2-in-1 tool sprays the cleaning formula and sucks the tough spots, pet hairs and other such things from crevices and corners.
- 2nd Most Lightweight Carpet Cleaner
- Best Portable Shampooer
- Heated Cleaning
- Good for Massive Cleaning Too
- Inconsistent Sprayer
- Insufficient Heating
Why? It is because it is the best upright shampooing machine with large handle that you can control in 2 different ways and 2 big wheels that make it easy for the machine to roam freely.
Let us take a look at the most promising features of it
- HeatWave Technology – If you were looking for a good BISSELL upright carpet shampooer with good heated cleaning then this is the one to go for. Its HeatWave technology maintains a particular water temperature while you’re cleaning the carpet.
- Dual DirtLifter PowerBrushes – All these carpet shampooers only replicate manual carpet cleaning that we humans do – and that too at a much better level. Take scrubbing for example; we know BISSELL’s DirtLifter technology; this time there are two set of PowerBrushes scrubbing the carpet while you clean it.
- Pet Spot–Cleaning Tools – You do it better than I do that you’ll find your pet’s spots and hair on cervices where you least expect them. This carpet shampooer comes with a big hose and spot-cleaning tools that can reach even the toughest cervices.
- Quick Dry – While we are not sure (because both positive and negative reviews confuse us), BISSELL claims that because of heated cleaning and Express Clean Mode a carpet only takes 30 minutes to dry.
- 5lbs Weight
- Ease of Use
- Separate Tanks for Clean and Dirty Water
- Completely Detachable Hose
- Grinding Noise & Malfunctioning
- Heating Up
However, since the portable and canister style carpet shampooers for pets do not have big cleaning paths, but small tools to do the job, we do not consider cleaning path as a criterion.
This machine has the biggest cleaning path among all upright machines – it is a big 12” cleaning path
- HeatWave Technology – This machine, just like the abovementioned BISSELL carpet cleaning machine, is equipped with HeatWave technology. What is HeatWave? As the name suggests, the heatwaves arising from the heating unit inside the machine, keep the water hot, maintain a particular temperature and thus ensures easy cleaning and quick drying.
- 12 Rows of Dual Rotating Powerbrushes – Again, what I told you about powerburshes or power spin is these are replications of manual scrubbing of the carpets. This thing has dual rotating brushes, with 12 rows – very efficient scrubbing definitely.
- EdgeSweep Brushes – Apart from power brushes in the bottom, this machine has a set of EdgeSweep brushes that you can use to clean places where its big cleaning path cannot reach e.g. crevices and upholstery curves etc.
- Surround Suction Technology – Just like surround sound system, this machine has a surround suction technology that easily and fast suck the dirt and help dry the surfaces at a good pace.
- Biggest Pathway
- Big Tank
- Better Suction
- Better Scrubbing
- Pet Hair Stick in Brushes
- Hose Holder’s Loose Grip
Well, this one is too good, because it has got 800+ happy customers, Amazon’s Choice tag, a very stylish look and a price tag that you cannot expect from a good BISSELL product.
For price you can click the link and if you want to know about its promising features, here’s the detail.
- Real Portable Machine – All portable machines that I’ve reviewed in this post so far are actually small hand-held machines that still should be connected with a socket via a long cord that they come with – this machine is a chargeable one.
- Equal and Easy Access to All Sorts of Places – This machine is more like a machine that you would use in car, stairs and on upholstery etc. It is not that you cannot use it on carpets, but for bigger objects it will take a lot of time.
- All–in–One – It might be a small machine, but it is an all-in-one kind of thing. This small machine has spray, scrub and suction everything packed in one small body.
- Comes with 2 Trial Size Formulas – Not only this machine comes with 2 free trial size formulas, but unlike other machines, you do not need to mix water with its formula. Just fill up the small container with formula and you’re ready to go.
- Highly Portable
- Best Budget Carpet Shampooer
- Works as Good as Big Machines
- Best Shampooer to Keep while Traveling
- 4 Hours Charging Lasts Only 15 Minutes
- Leakage Problem
With 800+ happy customers and an Amazon’s Choice tag, there is nothing that can go wrong with this machine
- Triple Action Vibrating Brush – With 75% more bristles as compared to any other brand, this machine uses a triple action vibrating brush which means fast and very effective scrubbing in very few attempts.
- 9 Gallon Refill Tank – We all know refilling is a pain that everyone complains about. This machine comes with a 3.9 gallon container – this is bigger than all other machines on this list.
- Upholstery Kit – With this machine comes a variety of tools that you can do for all sorts of cleaning at all sorts of places. A Universal hand tool will help you clean carpeting in narrow passages, a 12” hose attachment can be used to clean out dirt from crevices and upholstery curves and car seats etc.
- Designed Around Ease of Use – From its handles to the way you can handle it and how you can use accessories that come with this, this machine is easiest to use.
- Easiest to Use
- Bigger Capacity
- Smart Brush Design Saves Carpet Fibers
- Removes Even the Stubbornest Stains
- No Heated Cleaning
We’ve seen upright and portable shampooers; this one is a canister design carpet cleaner – and these are similar to portable ones.
- Powerful Water Spray – This machine might look like a small one, but it is a workhorse. Take water pressure for an example. It sprays water at a pace of 58 psi; it infiltrates deeper into the fiber and kills the stain.
- Removable Waste Tank – The 2 gallon waste tank can be easily removed to throw away the dirty water. Since it is a big tank, you do not have to empty it every now and then.
- 5 Gallon Water Tank – The clean water tank is 1.5 gallon which is pretty big for its size. You will take a while before you’d need to go and refill it.
- Tools – It comes with the main external clear sight spray tool, stainless steel floor tool and clear sight floor tool for all kind of open area, crevices and upholstery cleaning
- 1100w Vacuum Motor
- Perfect for Touch-up Cleaning
- Powerful Cleaning on Budget
- Work for All Kind of Spots
- No Heated Cleaning
- Substandard Material
This is why people always look for a deal in which they can get all necessary items in one package – this one includes an upright machine, 8-feet hose, mesh tool storage bag, sample bottle of formula and small cleaning tools.
- Lightweight Machine – While this cleaning machine has all the things that you need for a carpet and upholstery cleaning, it is still a very lightweight machine with only 19lbs weight.
- DualV Nozzle – The DualV nozzle in the bottom of the machine doubles the suction that you can get with a normal machine. It is because of this that not only the machine gets fast spot cleaning done, but it dries the carpets faster as well.
- SpinScrub Brush Technology – The patented 360 degrees’ brush spinning provides a much better scrub than manual scrub or even automatic scrub offered by many other machines in this review.
- Dual Tank System – Like a few other high quality cleaners on this list, this one also dual tank system – one for clean and one for dirty water.
- Best Deal
- Works Great Against Toughest Stains
- Ease of Use
- Heated Cleaning
- Hair Stick in Brushes
- Suction Piece Detaches Easily
- 1 Animalstech.com
- 2 10 Best Carpet Shampooer For Pets
- 2.1 Bestseller
- 2.2 Features
- 2.3 Best Overall
- 2.4 Features
- 2.5 Best Amazon’s Choice
- 2.6 Features
- 2.7 Best Portable
- 2.8 Features
- 2.9 Best Upright
- 2.10 Features
- 2.11 Best Cleaning Path
- 2.12 Features
- 2.13 Best Budget
- 2.14 Features
- 2.15 Best Easy Control
- 2.16 Features
- 2.17 Best Canister
- 2.18 Features
- 2.19 Best Deal
- 2.20 Features