We love to own a pet but taking care of their pee is the main problem. Dogs use grass to pee and cats go for litter boxes but without training they can pee wherever they want.
If dogs start using carpet for urine and if you don’t remove it within a few minutes, problem can then become worse. It will make your whole house smelly. It is because bacteria will start to build up on the carpet and urine will soak into pad.
Things not to do:
There are chances that the urine gets deep and reach to your wood floors or marble floor. This will make the cleaning complicated. For this purpose, never use ammonia. As urine already contains ammonia so if you will add more to it, smell will become worse and so as cleaning. First thing you must use to clean the urine is towel but make sure not to rub it on the carpet as urine will get deeper and make your life harder due to the worst smell.
5 basic tips to get rid of dog’s urine smell:
There are many ways that will help you to clean the dirty carpets and to get rid of smell. carpet shampooers for pets helps in removal of the stains on your carpet. But it would be better if you use basic home remedies to get rid of the smell. Some of them are:
- White vinegar: white vinegar is indeed the best remedy to use in order to get rid of dog’s urine stains and smell. It neutralizes the odors. First you need to mix the white vinegar with the cold water and then spill the mixture on the affected section. Blot it well and wait for it to get dry. When all the wet area become dried up, vacuum the area.
- Baking soda: sprinkle the baking soda on the carpet where your dog urinates. Let it be there overnight so that maximum odor can be removed and next day vacuum the area for the complete removal of smell.
- Club soda: when you need to treat a soiled carpet, use club soda as it will help you in removing any type of pet stain as well as your dog’s urine smell. You will need to use this remedy several times. Before pouring club soda, remember to blot the area.
- Dish detergent: mix 1 teaspoon of dish detergent with ¾ cup of hydrogen peroxide. You can even add a bit of baking soda. Sprinkle this mixture on the carpet where your dog left urine. Addition of baking soda will not discolor the carpet. But without it there are chances that the hydrogen peroxide will discolor your fabric or carpet.
- Citrus enzyme cleaner: add 7 tablespoons of brown sugar into 1 ½ cup of lemon and orange peels mixture with 1 liter of water. Make sure to put this mixture into a container that you hold and pour liquid and peels both. Shake it well and then loose the cap in order to release the gases. Then use this mixture on the area. It works as carpet cleaner for dog urine.